Design your own Ready to Print Mini Screen. Turn original sketches, doodles, drawings and text into a personalised screen ready for printing onto paper and textiles.
- Max image size: 8.5 x 12.5 cm
- Frame size: 15 x 21 cm
- Max image size: 13.5 x 19.5 cm
- Frame size: 21 x 30 cm
✔ non-toxic screen printing at home
✔ small, lightweight and easy to manoeuvre screens in an acrylic frame
✔ no clamps, equipment or chemicals required
✔ reusable for hundreds of prints
✔ for printing on fabrics and paper
✔ avoid the set-up costs and chemicals of traditional photo-stencil screen printing
Images must be black and white only. The image you send in is the image that will be reproduced with the screen. Hand drawn images should be scanned into your computer, rather than photographed. Digital images should be set to the correct size for your screen choice and have a resolution of 300dpi. Lines must be solid black on a white background.
Text, sketches, doodles and graphic marks will all make suitable screens, but please get in touch if you have any queries.
All artwork must either be designed and created by you, be copyright free or you must have permission to use it. You will need to forward this permission to me so that I can make the screen without breaching copyright.
Slamseys mini screens are made with a digital screen maker – Find out more.
WHAT CAN I PRINT ONTO?
Read the guides on how to print with your Mini Screen
Use your Custom Ready to Print Screen to print onto papers and textiles including:
- t-shirts, babygrows and clothing
- tote bags, bread bags and kitchen textiles
- packaging, cardboard and notebooks
- wood and MDF
- cards, bunting and invitations
- decorations, wedding favours and thank you notes
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO START PRINTING AT HOME?
- A lightweight squeegee or an old credit card
- Fabric ink for textile projects
- Screen printing ink for paper projects (either choose a pre-mixed ink, such as Permaprint or Speedball Acrylic Screen Printing Inks, or mix your own acrylic paint with printing medium)
- Find out more about Mini Screen Craft Kits
HOW ARE THE SCREENS SENT TO ME?
- The image is digitally burned into the screen printing mesh and is then fixed into an acrylic mount to make it easy for you to hold and print with (read the printing guides)
- The framed screen is then sent to you with Royal Mail in a cardboard envelope (Find out more about shipping)
HOW ARE SLAMSEYS MINI SCREENS DIFFERENT FROM TRADITIONAL PHOTO-STENCIL SILK SCREENS?
- No chemicals are used to make the screen
- You don’t need large or heavy frames or specialist equipment
- Each screen can be printed hundreds of times and will last years with proper care
- BUT, like photo-stencils, you can still print fine details and big blocks of colour to make striking prints
- Did you know that you can send in your own designs to be made into a custom screen?